Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Who the Hell is Clare Nasir? God knows but her fitness dvd is ok.



When I seen the amazing transformation of this lady from a size 16 to a size 6 on the front of her dvd at HMV, well I couldn't help but splash out with the euros.

Clare's Bootcamp video promises "lose up to 4lbs per week", and I imagine that is possible alright if you do the whole thing everyday which apparently burns 1000 calories. But hey I don't think any of us are training for the olympics. I reckon one or two of the four workouts 3-4 times a week will give noticeable effects for everyone.

There are 4 twenty minute workouts; punch, kick, tone, and crunch and cool. You will need to invest in a set of dumbells, I would advise up to about 1.5kg each for ladies unless you are going for the Arnie look around the biceps.






So the punch section is fun, with little sprint intervals. I enjoy raising my heart level this way, it gives you that exercise buzz. You can really feel the kick section in your arse and legs, my own particular problem area, so I imagine I will be using this one most. The tone section seems the toughest, but when you know something is only twenty minutes long then you can just get on with it. The crunch section obviously is great for the abs, but I would advise an ab-roller if you have a dodgy back like myself.

This is not my favorite fitness dvd by a long shot, it will take some woman to steal Davina McCalls place in my heart but it is nice for an occasional change. The three in it aren't half bad looking so that's a bonus, and also an incentive.



This dvd could be improved, because although it advises you to warm up there is no section for this like most of the ones I am used to. Also the cool down section is halfway through the crunch section so you cannot flick to it without manually forwarding your dvd, this is a major design flaw. Some people are blessed with flat stomachs so therefore won't be doing this section everytime.

I definitely felt a buzz after doing this dvd, but stick your ipod on soon as you know the moves, the music and accents can be cringeworthy at times. Pick a couple sections, and be happy in the knowledge that you are burning 250 calories every twenty mins. That's three galaxies an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment